"Creativity at the Extremes"
Often times creativity arises in situations that are less than ideal, i.e., situations where time, working space, materials, and people are limited. Since creativity under resource constraints is an important research agenda, the main theme of the Sixth International Conference on Design Creativity (ICDC 2020) is "Creativity at the Extremes". In addition to works advancing established topics in design creativity, submissions dealing with case studies and research on new design creativity supporting technologies and approaches are also welcome.
We expect topics including, but not limited to:
- Creative design processes and methods
- Creative design cultures
- Collaborative creative design
- Social interactions in creative design
- Cognition and neurosciences in creative design
- Big data, machine learning and AI to support creativity
- ICT supported creativity
- Extreme prototyping and creative journeys
- Creative design for sustainability
- Creativity with extreme users
- Measuring creativity and its impact
- Open innovation for creative industries
- Managing creativity and innovation
- Entrepreneurship and creativity
- Social impact of creative design
- Case studies of new creative design practices
- Creative learners and practitioners
- Teaching creativity and innovation
All submitted papers will be peer reviewed by the International Program Committee. The accepted papers will be presented in the "Podium presentation" session or the "Short presentation with poster" session. Both types of papers will be included in the conference proceedings. The most significant papers, after major revision and extension, will be recommended for a special issue of the International Journal of Design Creativity and Innovation, which will be published in collaboration with this conference.
Paper template and instructions
The instructions and template below are to be used for both the initial submission (for peer review) and the final, camera-ready submission, based on the notification of acceptance. The length of the paper is limited to 8 (eight) pages, including Abstract, References, Acknowledgments, and Appendix as appropriate.
Please note that authors’ names and affiliations should not be included in the initial full paper submission (for peer review). These should be added to the camera-ready submission following acceptance and revision, and will be included in the conference proceedings. When you submit your camera-ready paper you will also be asked to confirm your Copyright Transfer on the ConfTool system. The manuscript should be submitted via the ConfTool conference management system which soon be available.
More detailed information can be found in the following links:
All submissions should be through ICDC2020 Conftool submission system: